Friday, June 25, 2010

Black Dwarf

My grandfather passed away today.

It was so sudden. I slept badly last night; I awoke with a foul mood. I should've seen it as a sign. Regrettably, there was nothing I could do.

He died in his sleep. He was perfectly healthy apart from his history of high blood pressure. He was fine when I last saw him, not even more than a few days ago. My grandmother said as such. Perhaps it was because he overexerted when carrying boxes of stuff from his house to my uncle's. He shouldn't have! Why didn't he call us to help? My grandparents were planning to shift out tomorrow... But this had to happen. It was also my brother's birthday today. Of all the days...

He was a cheerful man. I always enjoyed spending time with him, and with both my grandparents. They were fun to be around with. He was a great cook too. I will miss all of that.

I think this is the first time I've lost someone this close to me. The last time was my great-grandmother, and I was kind of young to really be affected by matters like life and death. I know this is rather depressing but I couldn't have known how I would've reacted until it actually happened. Some people get over it easily. Me, well, I don't know. I did cry, and I haven't cried for a long time. I thought I was fine, but after heading home after they carried his body away I actually broke down in tears. Heh... But I'm better now after writing all this.

Rest in peace, Grandpa. You will be sorely missed.

No comments: